RTPR advises Aegon on the sale of its Romanian business
RTPR has assisted Aegon in relation to the sale of its operations in Romania to Vienna Insurance Group (VIG), as part of a regional deal with a total value of 830 million Euro. The transaction included Hungary, Poland, Romania and Turkey and involved insurance, pension and asset management business.
The deal was coordinated by Allen & Overy Amsterdam, the project team being led by Katinka Middelkoop (Partner) and further included lawyers in A&O offices in Hungary, Poland and Turkey. The RTPR team included Mihai Ristici (Partner), Vlad Stamatescu (Managing Associate) and Marina Fecheta-Giurgica (Associate).
Since the end of October RTPR team has announced the signing of 8 M&A deals, a record for the Romanian market, especially in such a year when M&A deals have seen a significant decrease globally in the Covid-19 context.
Selected M&A transactions in which RTPR have recently advised are set out below:
- Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets (MIRA) on the acquisition of a portfolio of power assets owned by CEZ Group in Romania, the largest deal in Romania in the last 12 years
- the shareholders of Te-Rox Prod, a Romanian company and a leading European producer of covers and harness systems for child safety seats on the sale of the business to the Swedish group Holmbergs
- Mitiska REIM, through its local vehicle, on the sale of a single real estate property in Romania
- Innova Capital on the acquisition of PayPoint Services SRL and Payzone SA from PayPoint group
- the shareholders of Sano Vita, one of the most reputable and trusted food brands in Romania, on the sale of the business to the American private equity fund Highlander Partners